Thursday, November 6, 2014

Big phone, small tablet

I whipped this post up real quick as part of my daily journaling. Give it a read, and tell me how you like it.

iPad Mini 3 is barely an upgrade. Apple seems to know that the small tablet is giving way to the large phone, just like Google acknowledged at their Nexus announcement.

Then again, Google switching from the the Nexus 7 to the Nexus 9 could just be that the Nexus 6 isn't different enough from the Nexus 7 to still be able to sell them both.

That being said, I think that's a trend in the market overall, and we will see that reflected in sales numbers and new product announcements. Tablets are useful, but people won't use them if their phone is "good enough" for the task.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment