Thursday, January 28, 2016

Third Party Leather Loop Imitation Apple Watch Band Review

For starters, the Apple Watch band I'm talking about is available on Amazon at the following (US) location: link.



The first thing that you'll notice as you unpackaged this band is that is actually smells like real leather. That shouldn't be that impressive, but it's hard to find in this price range. The packaging is nothing to write home about - just a simple white box - but it's nothing to complain about either. You won't want to keep it for future use, but it protects the product well enough.


Sliding the band into the Apple Watch grooves is relatively painless. The fit is at a pretty tight tolerance compared to most other bands I've tried, but this leads to a secure fit with very little shifting in the grooves. The edges of the lugs on the band do stick out a little bit from the grooves of the watch body, but it's barely noticeable.



The leather feels nice on the skin. It breathes well enough that I never felt like my wrists were uncomfortable. The style of the band allows for a lot of customization in sizing, so I was able to achieve a really comfortable fit. I also think the length is near perfect - this band should fit you whether you have very relatively small wrists or very large wrists. To give you an idea, I wear the S/M size Apple band, and this fits only a little bit longer.


The magnets in the band are quite strong and provide a very secure fit. Interestingly enough, the magnets will also cause the band to stick to metal objects when not connected to the watch. I have not experienced this with other bands. My chief complaint with the band is the magnet in the very tip of the long side. Namely, it's not strong enough to hold all the way down. Because of where that piece sits on my wrist (right at the curve) it ends up sticking out a little bit. While this looks a little weird and bothers me, it hasn't led to an insecure fit or the watch falling off, so it's not a catastrophic problem.


Also on the list of annoyances that don't prevent me from using the band: the band does not slide easily through the opening on the short side. Or, at least, it doesn't slide as easily as other bands that I've tried. However, with the right angle, it slides just fine, and it's not actually anything to worry about, just something that I noticed.

To wrap it up, this band is worth what you pay for it, and I would recommend it if you are looking for what the Leather Loop has to offer, but don't want to spend $150 for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment